My next game: Same same, but quite different

Now it’s decided. My next game will be a sequel to Frasse and the Peas of Kejick. I’ve had the idea for a while, but I have other things I’d like to do too. Last Sunday I wrote the idea down and started to think a bit more about how to put it together, so now Frasse 2 is officially in pre-production even though the design isn’t much more than an idea at the moment. I call it a sequel, but it’s not simply more of the same. I don’t even know if Frasse or Gurra will appear at all in this game. They will not be playable characters anyway. I’ll call it Frasse 2 for now, but I do have a secret title for the game that reveals a bit more about the game.

Don’t expect it to be released any time soon, though. Frasse and the Peas took me around two years to make. While I now have some experience that’ll help me make the game faster (and hopefully better), I am now busier than I was then. I will use the same engine – SLUDGE – so I don’t have to learn a new tool in order to make the game, but SLUDGE is now open source and I have started to explore the source of the engine. My plan is partly to help with the maintenance (bug-fixing and so on), but also to port it to MacOS.

(I also have plans for a third – and final? – part in the series.)

6 thoughts on “My next game: Same same, but quite different

1. Awesome! Looking forward to it! (I also look forward to whatever else you wind up posting on this blog in the meantime…)

2. Congratulations on the new blog! It’s very exciting. I love to explore ideas this way, and I imagine your readers will too. I’m also thrilled there will be a new game!!! Yay!!! Frasse and Gurra are terrific, and while we all understand that you want to explore new themes, will you at least answer one burning question?: Did the relationship between Frasse and Princess Cassie progress? Good luck–I shall be an eager player.

3. Yay! My first comments. I wondered how long it’d take before someone noticed – turns out it wasn’t long at all. 🙂
    Frasse and Cassie’s storyline will probably have to wait until game # 3.

4. Hey! Was just asking Morpheus how Frasse went over in the end and he led me to some reviews and such. Too bad we’re so far away, as I’d love to help with recording music or even voice acting. (May as well use that long-lost theatre degree for something.) Or, if you just need more beta testing, you know where I am — and will probably still be there even if it’s two more years. 🙂

5. Pingback: Trumgottist Entertainment » Blog Archive » Mac users rejoice!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.