Now these things also work:
- Collision detection. (I.e. checking if the mouse is over a character.)
- Thumbnails for saved games.
- File rename/delete.
- Parallax layers are pasted properly when doing a freeze.
- getPixelColour (untested, but should work)
- The snapshot-related functions and special effects.
This means that all Sludge games should be playable! There are still things remaining, but everything is going in the right direction. (Beta testers – the updated engine is available at the same location as before.)
I have also ordered two books that should help me learn some things I should know: Cocoa Programming for Mac OS X (I’m told this is the must-have book for Cocoa programmers) and OpenGL Shading Language.